By Cyber Monday, most of us have been through the home-office setup phase of working from home but, with lengthening timelines to return to the office, Cyber Monday might be a good time to grab some of the essentials or upgrades you’ve been eyeing. Maybe the time has come to finally get the office chair that makes you feel like you’re floating or the desk that floats, er, stands up with you. Or perhaps you’re starting to run out of desk space or disk space and need something to organize or offload the clutter.
Whatever the case, we’ve found deals on some of our top picks for work-from-home gear, as well as a few high-value deals on Macs, Surface devices, iPads, noise-canceling headphones, and much more.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Table of Contents
- Best Cyber Monday office chair deals
- Best Cyber Monday standing desk deals
- Best Cyber Monday laptop deals
- Apple computer deals
- Microsoft laptop deals
- Windows laptop deals
- Best Cyber Monday monitor deals
- Best Cyber Monday storage deals
- Best Cyber Monday dock and adapter deals
- Best Cyber Monday iPad deals
- iPad Accessories
- Best Cyber Monday noise-canceling headphone deals
- Best Cyber Monday accessory and PC component deals
Best Cyber Monday office chair deals
Steelcase’s Gesture made our top pick for office chairs by offering serious comfort and adjustability at a similarly serious price. It’s not the type of comfort you melt into but, rather, the kind that keeps you feeling comfortable and supported while effortlessly avoiding fatigue. That’s thanks to it’s wide-ranging adjustability, which works well with different body types and your various postures and positions throughout the day.
If that all sounds nice but you just can’t justify the price, Fully’s Desk Chair gets all the basics done well, while the company’s Tic Toc chair provides an outlet for bored or nervous energy while working thanks to its balanced “rocking stool” construction.
- Steelcase Gesture office chair for $ 899 at Amazon (normally $ 1,036).
- Fully Desk Chair for $ 254.15 at Fully (normally $ 300).
- Fully Tic Toc Chair for $ 191.25 at Fully (normally $ 225).
Best Cyber Monday standing desk deals
Standing desks can make work, at home or elsewhere, a much more comfortable and less fatiguing experience. We put Fully at the top of our picks for standing desks thanks to the desk’s solid build, wide-ranging customizability, and abundance of accessories that make working from home easier. If you already have a desk that doesn’t elevate, you can top it with one of Fully’s standing desk converters with keyboard and mouse trays.
- Fully Jarvis bamboo standing desk for $ 475.15 at Fully (normally $ 559).
- Fully Cooper standing desk converter for $ 254.15 at Fully (normally $ 299).
- Fully Cora standing desk converter for $ 126.65 at Fully (normally $ 149).
Best Cyber Monday laptop deals
Perhaps the pièce de résistance of your WFH setup (if not already provided for you) is the computer you’re working on. Whether you’re in the market for one of the impressive new M1 Macs seeing modest $ 50 discounts or a Surface device with a few hundred dollars of savings, there’s plenty to choose from this Cyber Monday.
The MacBook Air and Surface Book 3—discounted by $ 100 and $ 300, respectively—both earned our recommendations for working from home in our home-office setup guide. These are the biggest savings you can expect throughout the year on Surfaces (and likely MacBooks, as well). If gaming-level power is something you need, Razer’s 15-inch Blade ($ 300 off), HP’s Omen 15 ($ 350 off), and Dell’s G5 15 SE ($ 200 off) represent some of the best grabs currently available.
Apple computer deals
- Apple Mac Mini (late 2020) mini desktop—Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $ 639 at B&H (normally $ 699).
- Apple MacBook Air (late 2020) laptop—Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $ 899 at Adorama (backordered—normally $ 999).
- Apple MacBook Pro (late 2020) laptop—Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $ 1,199 at B&H and Adorama (backordered—normally $ 1,299).
- $ 150 Apple gift card with purchase of an iMac 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop computer or MacBook Pro 16-inch laptop
Microsoft laptop deals
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 laptop—Intel Core i5-1035G7, 13.5-inch 2256×1504, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $ 979.99 at Microsoft and Amazon (normally $ 1,300).
- Microsoft Surface Book 3 2-in-1 laptop—Intel Core i5-1035-G7, 13.5-inch 3000×2000, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $ 1,299.99 at Microsoft (normally $ 1,600).
Windows laptop deals
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (8th gen) laptop—Intel Core i5-10210U, 14-inch 1080p, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $ 999.99 at Lenovo (use code: THINKBF2—normally $ 1,500).
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (8th gen) laptop—Intel Core i7-10510U, 14-inch 1080p, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD for $ 1,199.99 at Lenovo (use code: THINKSGIVING2—normally $ 1,800).
- Lenovo Yoga C940 2-in-1 laptop—Intel Core i7-1065G7, 14-inch 1080p, 12GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $ 999.99 at Microsoft (normally $ 1,200).
- HP Spectre x360 13t 2-in-1 laptop—Intel Core i7-1165G7, 13.3-inch 1080p, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $ 883.49 at HP (use code: 5STACKBFCM21—normally $ 1,100).
- HP Envy x360 15 2-in-1 laptop—AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 15.6-inch 1080p, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $ 788.49 at HP (configure specs at checkout, select Intel AX 200, and use code: 5STACKBFCM21—normally $ 1,000).
- HP EliteBook 840 G7 laptop—Intel Core i5-10210U, 14-inch 1080p, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD for $ 716.80 at HP (configure specs at checkout, select backlit keyboard, 720p webcam, and 65W adapter—normally $ 1,200).
- HP Omen 15 (15-EN0013DX) gaming laptop—AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 15.6-inch 1080p 144Hz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB for $ 849.99 at Best Buy (normally $ 1,200).
- Dell G5 15 SE gaming laptop—AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 15.6-inch 1080p 144Hz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Radeon RX 5600M 6GB for $ 849.99 at Best Buy (normally $ 1,050).
- Razer Blade 15 (2020) laptop—Intel Core i7-10750H, 15.6-inch 1080p 144Hz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GTX 1660 Ti GPU for $ 1,299.99 at Amazon (normally $ 1,600).
Best Cyber Monday monitor deals
We rated a number of Dell monitors highly in our home-office setup guide thanks to their ease of use, solid detail and color representation, and wide-ranging adjustability for different lighting situations and visual needs. If you don’t require super-high refresh rates for gaming, the deals below look to be great value in the 24- and 27-inch category. Upping refresh rates a bit, you can snag a 144Hz IPS gaming monitor from LG with more than a $ 50 discount.
- 27-inch Dell UltraSharp 27 (U2719D) monitor—2560×1440, 60Hz, IPS + $ 150 Dell e-gift card for $ 359.99 at Dell (GC good for 90 days—normally $ 540).
- 24-inch Dell P2421 monitor—1920×1200, 60Hz, IPS for $ 149.99 at Dell (normally $ 260).
- 24-inch Dell UltraSharp 24 (U2417H) monitor—1080p, 60Hz, IPS for $ 159 at Amazon (normally $ 230).
- 27-inch LG 27GL850-B gaming monitor—2560×1440, 144Hz, IPS, FreeSync for $ 446.99 at Adorama and B&H (normally $ 500).
- 23-inch Lenovo L23i-18 monitor—1920×1080, 60Hz, IPS for $ 99.99 at Lenovo (normally $ 130).
Best Cyber Monday storage deals
Oftentimes, employer-provided computers don’t come with a ton of storage. Adding a fast backup solution or external storage drive saves you from having to mix up your personal drives with your work ones and, particularly in the case of the Samsung T5 SSD, it can probably do it a lot faster than the drives you have now.
If speed isn’t as important as vast amounts of storage, Western Digital’s 6TB external HDDs provide great value, and even more with $ 20 off.
- Samsung T5 (1TB) portable external SSD for $ 129.99 at Amazon (normally $ 140).
- WD My Book (6TB) external desktop HDD for $ 99.99 at Amazon (normally $ 120).
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim (2TB) portable external HDD for $ 52.99 at Amazon (normally $ 65).
- SanDisk Extreme (1TB) portable SSD for $ 139.99 at Adorama and Best Buy (normally $ 165)
Best Cyber Monday dock and adapter deals
Whether you’re juggling multiple computers, monitors, or other peripherals, a great dock can help keep things in order. Instead of having to plug in multiple cables each time you need to swap computers or use an external hard drive, just use one of these port-heavy alternatives. While CalDigit’s TS3 Plus dock retains its top spot for our favorite docks, the CalDigit Pro UCB-C dock is a bit more universal since it can work on either Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C through the same cable.
If you need a smaller or more portable option, you can hook up two displays with the Thunderbolt Mini dock or ethernet, USB-A, HDMI, and more with Anker’s 7-in-2 MacBook-specific adapter.
- CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 dock—2x Thunderbolt 3, 5x USB-A, USB-C 3.1 Gen 1, USB-C 3.1 Gen 2, DisplayPort 1.2, Ethernet, SD for $ 199.99 at Amazon (clip $ 20 coupon—normally $ 245).
- CalDigit Pro USB-C dock—1x Thunderbolt (backwards compatible with USB-C), 3x USB-A, USB-C 3.2 Gen 1, USB-C 3.2 Gen 2, 2x DisplayPort 1.2, Ethernet, SD for $ 179.99 (normally $ 200).
- CalDigit Thunderbolt 3 mini dock—dual DisplayPort 1.2, ethernet, USB-A 3.0 for $ 79.99 at CalDigit and $ 119.99 at Amazon (normally $ 150).
- Anker 7-in-2 USB-C adapter for MacBooks—1x USB-C data port, 2x USB-A ports, HDMI, SD, and microSD card at Amazon for $ 39.99 (normally $ 59.99).
Best Cyber Monday iPad deals
When you’re working from home, sometimes you just need to change up the monotony of sitting (or standing) at your desk. iPads are often well-supported for use within organizations, so you may be able to get away with lying down and tapping through some work tasks. Alternatively, iPads make an excellent wireless secondary display for MacBooks through Apple’s Sidecar feature, so there’s more than one way for an iPad to make work easier.
You can still grab the latest-generation 11-inch iPad Pro for $ 569.99 for pro-level tasks, down from its usual $ 600 price tag, or the previous-generation iPad Air for a nice balance of lightness and heavy work. Add a keyboard folio case for protection or a detachable bluetooth keyboard with trackpad for laptop usability.
- Apple iPad Air (64GB, latest generation) 10.9-inch tablet for $ 569.99 at Amazon (normally $ 599).
- Apple iPad Air (64GB, previous generation) 10.5-inch tablet for $ 429.99 at Best Buy (normally $ 500).
- $ 100 Apple gift card with purchase of an iPad Pro.
- Apple Smart Keyboard Folio for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (4th gen) for $ 120 at Amazon (normally $ 189).
- Apple Smart Keyboard Folio for 11-inch iPad Pro (2nd gen) and iPad Air (4th gen) for $ 129 at Best Buy (normally $ 170).
- Brydge 7.9 Bluetooth keyboard for Apple iPad Mini for $ 79.99 at Amazon (normally $ 100).
- Brydge 10.2 Bluetooth keyboard for Apple iPad for $ 79.99 at Amazon (normally $ 130).
- Brydge 10.5 Bluetooth keyboard for Apple iPad Air (2019) for $ 59.99 at Amazon (normally $ 90).
- Brydge 11.0 Pro Bluetooth keyboard for 11-inch Apple iPad Pro and iPad Air (2020) for $ 99.99 at Amazon (normally $ 130).
- Brydge 11.0 Pro+ Bluetooth keyboard with trackpad for 11-inch Apple iPad Pro and iPad Air (2020) for $ 139.99 at Amazon (normally $ 200).
- Brydge 12.9 Pro Bluetooth keyboard for 12.9-inch Apple iPad Pro for $ 99.99 at Amazon (normally $ 170).
- Brydge 12.9 Pro+ Bluetooth keyboard with trackpad for 12.9-inch Apple iPad Pro for $ 159.99 at Amazon (normally $ 230).
Best Cyber Monday noise-canceling headphone deals
Silence is golden, especially when you’re trying to focus. A good pair of noise-canceling headphones can drown out irritating noises like construction or kids, allowing you to work in peace. If you can still hear them, you can try playing some lo-fi ambient music to focus, since these headphones sound pretty good too. The Sony WH-1000XM4, Apple AirPods Pro, and Jabra Elite 75t all made our top picks for WFH gear in our complete guide.
- Sony WH-1000XM4 Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones for $ 278 at Amazon, B&H, and Adorama (normally $ 350).
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones for $ 199 at Amazon, Bose, and B&H (normally $ 300).
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (Soapstone) Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones for $ 299.99 at Amazon, Bose, and B&H (normally $ 370).
- Jabra Elite 75t true wireless earphones for $ 139.99 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $ 160).
- Apple AirPods Pro true wireless, noise-canceling headphones for $ 199.99 at Best Buy (normally $ 250).
Best Cyber Monday accessory and PC component deals
- Logitech M720 Triathlon wireless mouse for $ 29.99 at Amazon (normally $ 40).
- Nulaxy Adjustable Laptop Stand for $ 50.81 at Amazon (normally $ 73).
- Apple AirPods true wireless earbuds for $ 119.99 at Best Buy (normally $ 130).
- Crucial Laptop Memory (CT16G4SFRA266) 16GB DDR4 266Hz CL19 RAM for $ 39.99 at Amazon (normally $ 60).
- Crucial Desktop Memory (CT16G4DFRA266) 16GB DDR4 266Hz CL19 RAM for $ 39.99 at Amazon (normally $ 58).
- Yubico Security Key NFC 2FA security key for $ 13.50 at Yubico (discount seen at checkout—normally $ 27).
- Buy two YubiKey 5 Series security keys, get $ 20 off at Yubico.